Most people have sandwiches for lunch, and why do people love sandwiches so much? Well, they are one of the ultimate man foods! They are convenient, quick, easy to make and fast to eat that gives you full meal and complex flavors. The best part of eating sandwiches, is that you have the options to make it as healthy or unhealthy as you want it to be! You have the freedom to replace my white slider buns with any type of bread you prefer. I always stick to my white buns, it gives me soft texture (perfect to my bite!) that goes perfectly well with the crunch of tomatoes and arugula, the tenderness of the chicken meat and the nutty-creamy flavor of the cheese–a delicious protein packed meal for everyone!
I marinated the chicken simply with salt and cayenne pepper before grilling, it gives the flavor of the chicken a chance to shine, a perfect complement to the peppery, tangy and zesty flavor of arugula. While some people may not be a big fan of arugula, you can replace it with any kind of lettuce you prefer. Always pick the good quality of ingredients to have the best quality sandwich.
- 4 pieces Chicken Thigh or Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons (30 ml) Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cayene pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 4 pieces Slider Buns, (you can replace them with any type of bread you prefer
- 2 pieces Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of Baby Arugula
- 4 slices Aged Cheddar Cheese
- HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Mix the honey and dijon mustard in a small bowl. Set aside and keep in a room temperature.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Marinate the chicken with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Chill them in the fridge for one hour.
- When the chicken has been marinated for an hour. Grill the chicken on an indoor electric grill for 3-5 minutes on each side, or pan fry them over medium heat in a nonstick skillet for 3-5 minutes per side (time varies on the size of the chicken).
- Brush the slider buns with the remaining olive oil and grill over medium heat until golden.
- Spread one tablespoon of honey mustard dressing on the bottom of each bun. Place the sliced tomatoes, grilled chicken and place a few of arugula, followed by aged white cheddar cheese.Top each sandwich with the top bun and serve immediately.
- Before covering the sliders with the top bun, you have the options of grilling the cheese before placing the top bun. With this recipe, since the grilled chicken was still hot, I immediately place my cheese on top of the chicken, giving some time for my cheese to melt a little bit.