Big fans of Nutella and cream cheese will absolutely devour this dessert. A winning combination of fluffy Nutella, smooth cream cheese and crunch texture of oreo cookie crumbs gives you a five-star dessert that can be whipped-up in 10 minutes! This recipe is perfect also for your sweet cravings without worrying a cake that you need to finish in days, you can eat this with a spoon straight from the mixing bowl!
I was studying in England in 2003 and my first full English breakfast had your usual eggs, beans, baked tomatoes and black pudding. There was a good selection of food from the buffet but there was a basket of pastries with small individual packets of Nutella that caught my attention. I had never heard of Nutella but my classmate told me it was similar to peanut butter, “chocolate hazelnut butter…but quite more addicting”, so I was more than excited to try it and fell in love with this awesome food invention. As of today, I still have Nutella either for breakfast on toast or simply noshing on this using a spoon or my finger!
1. I did not add sugar when I combined cream cheese and nutella, the sweetness is just absolutely perfect.
2. Whipping Cream is optional, but whipping cream balances the sweetness of nutella and oreo.
3. This recipe has no gelatine, it is best served straight from the fridge. Keep them in the fridge, if they are not ready to serve.
4. This dessert can last for three days.
- 14 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- NUTELLA CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 250 grams Cream Cheese, softened
- 250 grams Nutella
- FOR THE TOPPINGS
- 100 millilitre Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. divide the crumbs between your individual jars or serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a half-inch crust layer.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth and creamy.
- Pipe evenly or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes or food jars. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow to set.
- Whip the cream to stiff peak and fold the sugar slowly until they are wll-combined.
- If desired, garnish with additional chocolate shavings, toasted chopped hazelnuts, or ferrero rocher chocolates.
- If using small food jars, this recipe is good for 4 jars.
- If using medium food jars, this recipe is good for 2 jars.