I am still taking advantage of avocado season, which inspires me to formulate more recipes using this awesome ingredient. I won’t deny that this Avocado Lime Cheesecake is one of the best recipes that I made! I saw different versions of this recipe online, so I created my own. This dessert is somehow very Mexican, because of avocado and lime are their staples.
With these 7 simple ingredients, it is beyond impressive to create a dessert that is unique in flavors and taste. Avocados are versatile, use it in savoury or desserts, you always have a great result! You can never go wrong with avocado; always a perfect ingredient to any dish! Another outstanding dessert for this summer! Hoard some avocados and lime now, it will be worthwhile! Everyone will fall in love with this! Trust me, this dessert is a title-holder!
After sampling this dessert, the avocado showcased its flavor…having a creamy texture that goes perfectly well with cream cheese, and a little tangy flavor of lime that makes this dessert refreshing!
- 300 grams Cream Cheese
- 200 ml Whipping Cream, for mixing with avocado
- 150 ml Whipping Cream
- 1 medium Avocaco, cut into big cubes
- Juice of Fresh 2 Limes
- Zest of 2 Limes
- 1 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Sachet Gelatin Powder
- 1 cup Graham, ground
- 100 grams Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Lime for garnishing
- Zest the lime first before extracting the juice. Set aside the lime zest and juice.
- Place the graham crackers in food processor until finely ground. Add melted butter; process until moist crumbs form. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 10-inch-diameter springform pan or 10-inch-diameter mousse ring. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Combine 150 ml of whipping cream and gelatin powder in a small sauce pan, stir for 2 minutes or until granules of gelatin is dissolved. Bring it to boil over medium heat; stir for few minutes until gelatin is completely melted. Strain through fine sieve. Set aside.
- Using a food processor combine avocado, cream cheese, sugar, 200 ml whipping cream, lime juice, and zest until everything is smooth and well-combined. Pour in the gelatin- cream mixture and continue processing until well combined, creamy and smooth in texture.
- Pour the avocado lime cheesecake into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top. Chill in the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Release the cake from the pan if using spring from pan. If using a mousse ring (which I used in this recipe), use a blow torch and run around the edge of the ring to loosen the mousse and remove the ring. Serve right away! Enjoy this dessert like cheesecake ice cream!
- Garnish with lime slices and zest on top.
- There are available ground grahams at the supermarkets.
- For This recipe, I was able to produce one 8-inch and one 4-inch cake, as what you can see on the pictures above. This recipe can fill 10-inch cake pan, too.